2017 Scottish National Championships30th Nov 2016 | Written by Gemma Simpson
Triathlon Scotland is pleased to announce the Scottish National Championships events for 2017.
Our Scottish National Championship events are the flagship event series in the Scottish Calendar. We work in conjunction with specially selected event organisers to deliver ten National Championship events each year, and we welcome competitors from across Scotland, as well as further afield, to take part.
Scottish National Championship events comprise overall winners and age group category winners, giving members the chance to compete against their peers and win national titles from youth to classic.
In 2016 we worked in partnership with Scottish Water, to offer our event organisers additional championship host benefits, and we very much hope to work with Scottish Water again in 2017.
The Scottish Championship events come with a £1,400 prize purse, with 1st / 2nd / 3rd placed male and female racers pocketing prizes of £400 / £200 / £100 (excludes youth, schools, student and team relay championships). To be eligible to win a national title you must be a member of Triathlon Scotland, except for the Scottish Schools Championships.
There are 10 championship events confirmed for 2017:
- Duathlon – Stirling, Sunday 26 March. Hosted by Stirling Triathlon Club
- Student – Cupar, Sunday 09 April. Hosted by East Fife Triathlon Club
- Schools (aquathlon) – Stirling, Friday 21 April. Hosted by Stirling University / Beaconhurst School
- Youth – Bellahouston Park, Saturday 10 June (date tbc). Hosted by Fusion Triathlon Club
- Sprint – Monikie Country Park, Sunday 09 July. Hosted by M3 Triathlon Club
- Aquathlon – Loch Lomond, Saturday 29 July. Hosted by Lomond Masters Swimming & Triathlon Club
- Cross – Badaguish, Aviemore, Sunday 06 August. Hosted by Durty Events
- Middle – TBC
- Standard – Knockburn Loch, Sunday 10 September. Hosted by Fleet Feet Triathletes
- Mixed Team Relay – host tbc
For a list of previous Scottish National Champions, please see our National Championships Roll of Honour. It will be possible to enter National Championship events in the coming weeks and months. Please keep an eye on your preferred events, listed on our event calendar, for more information.