Clubs are at the heart of triathlon in Scotland and well-organised, pro-active clubs provide a fantastic platform for members to make the most of the sport. To ensure that our clubs are maintaining the required standards for their members we ask our clubs to affiliate to us before we recognise and support them. This page provides information on the benefits of affiliation and the process required.
By becoming affiliated to Triathlon Scotland your club is able to access a range of support services and resources, these include:
- Public liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Development Team Support
- Promotion on Triathlon Scotland website
- Support establishing a new club
- Coach education and development
- Governance support
- Assistance with development planning and funding applications
- Event Support
- Event sanctioning
- Technical official support
- Event organisers training
- Event development support
- Members can race for the club
- Club can compete for National Club Ranking Series
- Club can compete in Club Team Relay Championship
Affiliation Process and Requirements
The affiliation process is not long or complicated but does require the putting in place of some basic structures, documents and policies. Full details of the requirements can be found in the Affiliation Requirements docment in the downloads section below, here you will also find templates for each of the required documents and policies.
Once your club has all the requirements in place the final step to becoming an affiliated club is to complete the annual affiliation form, please contact the Triathlon Scotland Development Team and we will be happy to provide you with this.
For information on how best to structure your clubs and it’s committee see the useful links section at the bottom of the page.