Developing Youth Sections
Why start a youth section?
- Young people are the future of the sport, without them the sport cannot continue to flourish and grow.
- Young people make clubs a more vibrant place.
- With young people come parents, bringing both potential participants and volunteers.
- Having the sports future participants, coaches and committee members at the club from a young age builds a loyalty to the club.
- By offering training and competition opportunities for young people clubs are helping to develop the talented athletes of the future for both club and country, national success is good for all.
- A youth section can open the opportunity for facilities access that would otherwise not be possible e.g. schools.
- A youth section can be of financial benefit to clubs.
- Sport has wider health and social benefits for young people and helps develop life skills.