Welfare and Child Protection
2017 welfare update
Triathlon Scotland is currently undertaking a review of all child protection policies and practice and has appointed independent consultants Jacqueline Conway and Colin Anderson to complete the review. Read our announcement about their appointment here.
More information including a survey will shortly be distributed, and until then, it is possible to email Colin and Jacqueline at any time, in confidence, with any comments that you feel might be relevant to the review.
Please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone who participates in triathlon is entitled to do so in an enjoyable and safe environment. In particular, children and vulnerable adults are entitled to a duty of care and to be protected from abuse.
If you have any welfare or child protection concerns, contact your Club Welfare Officer or our Development Manager, Calum Reid at email@example.com or on 07545 697 841.
To report a concern about the behaviour of any individuals linked to Triathlon Scotland:
- Follow the Reporting Procedures Flowchart listed below in the downloads section
- Contact the Police if you think a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger
- Contact Calum Reid, Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07545 697 841)
- Alternatively, please use our confidential email email@example.com
The documents are available for download in PDF format unless otherwise indicated, if for any reason you require the document in another format then please contact our Development Manager, Calum Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welfare Policy
- Appendix 1 – Template Welfare Statement For Clubs (docx file)
- Appendix 2 – Club Recruitment & Selection Policy (Staff & Volunteers)
- Appendix 3 – Self Decleration Form
- Appendix 4 – Types of Abuse
- Appendix 5 – Guidelines for Identifying and Managing Bullying
- Appendix 6 – Template Photographic & Video Policy For Clubs (docx)
- Appendix 7 – Template Camera/Video Equipment Form For Clubs (docx)
- Appendix 8 – Reporting Procedures (Flow Charts)
- Appendix 9 – Child Protection Incident Record Form
- Appendix 10 – Review of Management of Concerns Procedures and Template
Historic Allegations of Abuse
In light of recent media attention, we are aware that clubs from accross sport may have increase anxiety about child protection. The document below provides up to date information on child protection for clubs: