Our Scottish National Championship events are the flagship event series in the Scottish Calendar. We work in conjunction with specially selected event organisers to deliver ten National Championship events each year, and we welcome competitors from across Scotland, as well as further afield, to take part.
Scottish National Championship events comprise overall winners and age group category winners, giving members the chance to compete against their peers and win national titles from youth to classic.
The Scottish Championship events also come with a £1,400 prize purse, with 1st / 2nd / 3rd placed male and female racers pocketing prizes of £400 / £200 / £100 (excludes youth, schools, student and team relay championships). To be eligible to win a national title you must be a member of Triathlon Scotland, except for the Scottish Schools Championships.
There are 10 championship events confirmed for 2017:
- Duathlon – Stirling, Sunday 26 March. Hosted by Stirling Triathlon Club
- Student – Cupar, Sunday 09 April. Hosted by East Fife Triathlon Club
- Schools (aquathlon) – Stirling, Friday 21 April. Hosted by Stirling University / Beaconhurst School
- Mixed Team Relay – Strathclyde Park, Saturday 27 May. Hosted by Durty Events
- Youth – Bellahouston Park, Saturday 10 June. Hosted by Fusion Triathlon Club
- Sprint – Monikie Country Park, Sunday 09 July. Hosted by M3 Triathlon Club
- Aquathlon – Loch Lomond, Saturday 29 July. Hosted by Lomond Masters Swimming & Triathlon Club
- Cross – Badaguish, Aviemore, Sunday 06 August. Hosted by Durty Events
- Standard – Knockburn Loch, Sunday 10 September. Hosted by Fleet Feet Triathletes.
For a list of previous Scottish National Champions, see our Championships Roll of Honour.
To be eligible to win a Scottish Championship title and associated prizemoney, participants must have a valid Triathlon Scotland membership. BTF rule 15.5 states that particpants must ensure that their membership (also known as a race licence) is valid no later than by 5pm 3 days prior to the championship e.g. 5pm Wednesday before a Sunday event. The only exception is the Scottish Youth Championships where memberships can be purchased on race day.
Host a Scottish Championship
Hosting a Championship helps to attract more race entrants and includes additional support from us. For full details of the support provided, see the Championship Bidding Guidelines.
Championship events operate at the expense of the host organisation who pay us race levies, retaining any profits accrued and bearing any losses arising. Please contact Triathlon Scotland’s Events and Marketing Manager for details of Championship race levies. Each event is run within British Triathlon Rules and Regulations
- 2018 bid submission support notes
- 2018 championship bid application form
- British Triathlon Rules and Regulations