Our Scottish National Championship events are the flagship event series in the Scottish Calendar. We work in conjunction with specially selected event organisers to deliver ten National Championship events each year, and we welcome competitors from across Scotland, as well as further afield, to take part.
Host a Scottish Championship
Bidding is open for 2018 and 2019 Scottish National Championship events!
Hosting a Championship helps to attract more race entrants and includes additional support from us. For the first time, we are opening bidding for events to host Championships events in 2018 and 2019. We are awarding Championship status for two years to offer more security to event organisers. We also hope that by offering a longer championships status, we will help Championships events to develop and hosts have the opportunity to secure additional sponsors and support for their event locally.
For full details of the championship bidding process and the support provided in return to successful hosts, please read through the Championship bidding guidelines and then complete the application process outlined here.
Scottish Championship eligibility and prize fund
Scottish National Championship events comprise overall winners and age group category winners, giving members the chance to compete against their peers and win national titles from youth to classic.
The Scottish Championship events also come with a £1,400 prize purse, with 1st / 2nd / 3rd placed male and female racers pocketing prizes of £400 / £200 / £100 (excludes youth, schools, student and team relay championships). To be eligible to win a national title you must be a member of Triathlon Scotland, except for the Scottish Schools Championships.
There were nine championship events confirmed in 2017:
- Duathlon – Stirling, Sunday 26 March. Hosted by Stirling Triathlon Club
- Student – Cupar, Sunday 09 April. Hosted by East Fife Triathlon Club
- Schools (aquathlon) – Stirling, Friday 21 April. Hosted by Stirling University/Beaconhurst School
- Mixed Team Relay – Strathclyde Park, Saturday 27 May. Hosted by Durty Events.
- Youth – Bellahouston Park, Saturday 17 June. Hosted by Fusion Triathlon Club
- Sprint – Monikie Country Park, Sunday 09 July. Hosted by M3 Triathlon Club
- Aquathlon – Loch Lomond, Saturday 29 July. Hosted by Lomond Masters Swimming & Triathlon Club
- Cross – Badaguish, Aviemore, Sunday 06 August. Hosted by Durty Events
- Standard – Knockburn Loch, Sunday 10 September. Hosted by Fleet Feet Triathletes
For a list of previous Scottish National Champions, see our Championships Roll of Honour.
To be eligible to win a Scottish Championship title and associated prizemoney, participants must have a valid Triathlon Scotland membership. BTF rule 15.5 states that particpants must ensure that their membership (also known as a race licence) is valid no later than by 5pm 3 days prior to the championship e.g. 5pm Wednesday before a Sunday event. The only exception is the Scottish Youth Championships where memberships can be purchased on race day.
- Championship bidding guidelines
- Championship bid application form
- British Triathlon Rules and Regulations